May 22, 2012

act of valor dvd cover
act of valor dvd cover

Storyline:
An unprecedented blend of real-life heroism and original filmmaking, Act of Valor stars a group of active-duty Navy SEALs in a powerful story of contemporary global anti-terrorism. Inspired by true events, the film combines stunning combat sequences, up-to-the minute battlefield technology and heart-pumping emotion for the ultimate action adventure. Act of Valor takes audiences deep into the secretive world of the most elite, highly trained group of warriors in the modern world. When the rescue of a kidnapped CIA operative leads to the discovery of a deadly terrorist plot against the U.S., a team of SEALs is dispatched on a worldwide manhunt. As the valiant men of Bandito Platoon race to stop a coordinated attack that could kill and wound thousands of American civilians, they must balance their commitment to country, team and their families back home. Each time they accomplish their mission... Written by Relativity Media

This is a unique action movie. The story indeed presents nothing special. The idea of soldier's family life and partners has already widely spread and made in movies since the war ended. But for me, AoV has something unique that I think most people like. It's not boring or exaggerative. One doesn't simply understand the narration since the beginning but soon it'll be understandable that this whole movie is like a letter. I'm not expecting to be moved by it but somehow I felt moved a little.

I love the camera view in combat especially the first person shooter view. It looks like games I usually play, but this time really drew me into its combat. Act of Valor are giving the typical US Navy SEAL stealth way which I think so elegant and neat. No big explosion? I thought it was very rare condition for an action movie. I guess it's because they shows stealth team and explosions are not that important.

The weak side of this movie is the dialogue. I think the dialogue scenes unfortunately made this movie less enjoyable. For example when some sudden dangerous things were about to happen, the soldiers actors were so calm and not like there is some emergency thing happens. The background music also failed to support the scene condition. That's too bad. I think this movie could have been greater.

Overall, I enjoy it and slightly recommend it.

6/10

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment