December 6, 2010

give-me-your-eyes to care othersMy bag has been a lil' bit broken for three months.But, i still keep this bag because it's unuseful yet. :p
Everytime i use this bag ,its zipper would open easily without me knowing. And everytime that thing happens, nobody ever told me that my bag was open. I realize that my bag open only if i stop walking and take my bag from my back. So, it'll be open as long as i don't take my bag from my back. It's not fun at all. It makes me annoyed. Some says that i really should change my bag but i think it's not that. This isn't about me being annoyed.

I think about this several times. I walk everyday with bag on my back. When i walk, ofcourse i'm not walking alone. Many people are around me. But, no one has the concern to say to me that my bag was open. Do people care for others less today? I see nothing of it at all. Does it really difficult to say "hey, your bag is open" or "excuse me, do you realize that your bag is open?".
I wonder if i could hear that kind of words whenever my bag is open without me knowing. or, whenever same kind of situation happens.

This others-care thing makes me remember this song.
It says,"Why have i never cared?"

My case is a simple case in life but you know, sometimes simple thing can teach you and show you big things. I think care for others just by saying "hey sir, i think your bag is open" or other simple things like that won't be very difficult if we familiarize ourselves.

"Give Me Your Eyes - Brandon Heath"

Looked down from a broken sky
Traced out by the city lights
My world from a mile high
Best seat in the house tonight

Touched down on the cold black tar
Hold on for the sudden stop
Breathe in the familiar shock
Of confusion and chaos

All those people going somewhere
Why have i never cared?

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so i can see
Everything that i keep missing
Give me your love for humanity

Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach?
Give me your heart for the one's forgotten
Give me your eyes so i can see
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

Step out on a busy street
See a girl and our eyes meet
Does her best to smile at me
To hide what?s underneath

There?s a man just to her right
Black suit and a bright red tie
Too ashamed to tell his wife
He's out of work he's buying time

All those people going somewhere
Why have i never cared?

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so i can see
Everything that i keep missing
Give me your love for humanity

Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach?
Give me your heart for the one's forgotten
Give me your eyes so i can see
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

I've been there a million times
A couple of million eyes just moving past me by
I swear i never thought that i was wrong

Well i want a second glance
So give me a second chance
To see the way you see the people all alone

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so i can see
Everything that i keep missing
Give me your love for humanity

Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach?
Give me your heart for the one's forgotten
Give me your eyes so i can see

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so i can see
Everything that i keep missing
That i keep missing

Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach?
Give me your heart for the one's forgotten
Give me your eyes so i can see
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah


2 comment(s):

  1. Hi, Rey. My old bag's zipper was broken, too. But there was often someone trying to tell me what was happening. There was even a girl who ran to me just to let me know that my bag was opened. There was also one of the parking officer in "Parkiran Sipil ITB" who asked me to stop walking because my bag was opened. And, of course, our friends in Sipil 2007 laughed at me when they saw my bag as a "kain gembel".

    I have changed my bag now with the one which can be zipped correctly. But, I miss things like people asked me to let me know that my bag is opened. When I am looked all right, people show less attention to me.

    I often think to myself, if people show less attention to me or do not care about me at all, maybe it is just me who can not care about them. Maybe I just walk too fast so people's eyes can not follow me.

    No offense. Just a little share :D

    What a nice blog. Keep sharing...! GBU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting ,nessia.
    Yeah, maybe you're saying is right. I was just telling my own opinion about this.
    Usually, i keep thinking positif about this but after couple of months, this thought came in my mind and i just write it so that people (like you) could give me another point of view. :D
    Thanks again for your comment ^_^

    ReplyDelete